Ferd for my Granddaughter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Yup... that's where the "Cobra Jet" name came from.
Didn't know that. The 428 cobra jet is my favorite ferd engine. Drove a 76 high boy with one of those in it with 4 speed and tsls. Thing would spin some tire at most speeds lol

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I’m going to stick a motorcraft carb on my square now.
I did that once on a 71 power flaggen. Had a 318 with Carter 2 barrel. I made my own adapter to a holley/motorcraft 2 barrel, painted it blue. Actually ran really good lol motorcrafts got nothing on Rochester tho.

ma3600vz

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-5 BLAZER
Engine Size
Yup... that's where the "Cobra Jet" name came from.

I’m going to stick a motorcraft carb on my square now.
interesting so how did the super cobra jet get its name no do not put motorcraft in pace of the quadrajet I saw on a ferd site that they said to get rid of that 4350 motrcraft a put a quadrajet on that it would be a upgrade looking forward to the scj answer hopping for some good blue oval bashing

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
interesting so how did the super cobra jet get its name no do not put motorcraft in pace of the quadrajet I saw on a ferd site that they said to get rid of that 4350 motrcraft a put a quadrajet on that it would be a upgrade looking forward to the scj answer hopping for some good blue oval bashing
Just kidding, my square is carbless. There are many Fords that I really like.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
I talked to my friends widow, and she will let me go down there and get the carb. I also have two terrific Audes speakers, already have two, and as good as my Klipsch. Leon my friend that passed was a horder, and I will buy some tools from her as well, so help her and I. Found a carb rebuild kit, think it's for the carb that I am getting. Hope to get the truck running next week, as I leave for the Salt flat racing on Thursday.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Quadrajet was not used on the 428 Cobrajet.

I had a 1969 Torino/Fairlane Cobra with a 428 Cobrajet and it definitely had a Holley carburetor (weird size, 730 CFM, IIRC). I got mine in '71, and I know the previous owner. It always had a Holley, and I have never seen an article that mentioned any other brand of carburetor.

Super Cobrajet 428 was part of an upgrade option on Torino's and Mustangs. The package added an engine oil cooler, upgraded connecting rods and crankshaft, and an upgraded intake. It was delivered as part of the Drag Pack option, which also included either 3.91 gears and Traction Lock, or 4.30 gears and a Detroit Locker. It had the same (underrated) horsepower.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
I talked to my friends widow, and she will let me go down there and get the carb. I also have two terrific Audes speakers, already have two, and as good as my Klipsch. Leon my friend that passed was a horder, and I will buy some tools from her as well, so help her and I. Found a carb rebuild kit, think it's for the carb that I am getting. Hope to get the truck running next week, as I leave for the Salt flat racing on Thursday.
I saw a meme once, it said "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my gun/car parts for what I TOLD her I paid for them". Right about the same time, I was helping a widow clear out her hoarder husband's tool collection.
It made me think a bit, I talked to a gun buddy and told him he is in charge of splitting up my guns fairly among my kids if anything was to happen to me. I need to get someone else to take care of my car stuff, split up what the kids want and sell the rest at a fair price, and he gets a cut for his legwork.

Off of that side note, that's a cool truck and a cool story for her. I hope it gets running as simple as it should!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Thanks to all you great guys here, Charlie is chompin' at the bit. I will pick up the original carb and a spare, have the kit, maybe get it started soon.
Cool. 2 barrel right? My gramps 360 had motorcraft 2 barrel. My friends 360 has the industrial intake with 4 barrel on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78crustdumdlux