Factory power steering cooler? 1991 Suburba

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
This is the style I am talking about. I got this off an OBS dually, but my Crew cab has one as well. It's kinda tucked under the edge of the grille opening so difficult to get a picture of it installed.
These are apparently unpainted from the factory. Rust on this looks like surface rust, I got it to put on my burb.
Later model (2000-2013 ish for sure, maybe newer ones too) have a very similar cooler, just a different bracket. I don't think I've seen a suburban without one, and probably most half ton pickups with a towing package have it too. Probably on at least half the trucks in the U-Pull-It yards around here, its a common piece. Not factory for the squares, of course, but it gets the job done and the price is right. I think I paid $10 last time. Here's a new one for image reference. It's typically vertical, U bend at the top, mounted next to the AC condenser/just inside of the driver headlight behind the grill.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Later model (2000-2013 ish for sure, maybe newer ones too) have a very similar cooler, just a different bracket. I don't think I've seen a suburban without one, and probably most half ton pickups with a towing package have it too. Probably on at least half the trucks in the U-Pull-It yards around here, its a common piece. Not factory for the squares, of course, but it gets the job done and the price is right. I think I paid $10 last time. Here's a new one for image reference. It's typically vertical, U bend at the top, mounted next to the AC condenser/just inside of the driver headlight behind the grill.

Yup that's where it is. Why I can't get a good picture of it, especially with the brush guard in the way too. I think I have about $10-15 in that one, not much. Apparently the older ones are not painted because I have seen them rusty several times. Good to know there is a new alternative with the lines attached, and painted.

91burb2500

Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R2500
Engine Size
That’s basically what I got but it’s a little shorter, I’ll take some pics once I get it repositioned to the grill opening. With the size of the trans cooler, it’ll probably have to go behind the pusher fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wojo21212