ESC module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martingmc86

Reaction score
First Name
martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra 1500
Engine Size
v8 5.0
Hey guys, I just did a EFI conversion to my truck, but I’m still having issues with it. I had my EGR and my oxygen sensor removed but I got it back installed and my truck is still running really bad. I think it might be my ESC module just because I installed a new spark plugs and my spark plugs get really bad on carbon buildup. I clean them. The truck runs great the spark plugs get back to Carbon buildup and it runs bad again my distributor is brand new and it is in HEI. connected to the esc module my ESC so is the only thing I have not replaced is my ESC. Does someone know where I can find a new ESC or remanufactured ESC?

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
If you did an efi conversion Why would you be using the esc distributor? That's probably the problem.
Get a regular hei distributor and adjust it. That should solve the problem unless I'm missing something.
I'm guessing you put one of those new electric carburetors ? The ESC distributor only works when you're using it with everything. I don't know allot about ESC but someone here does that will hopefully chime in.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Here's an example. Only $50
There pretty good but the modules in them are cheap but can replaced with high quality. I've bought a few like this over the years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240711_090932_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240711_090932_eBay.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84K30dually