Daughters ‘87 needs to ride smooth.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
I didnt realize all the info needed for the questions. You’re right they’re 31x10.50x15. It’s a 350sbc. I’m going to drop the pressure on the tires (pressure was filled to max psi)and see how that may help, thanks.
That will be huge.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
My memory of those trucks seems to be different from most of you. The 2wd square bodies were usually pretty smooth riding. I cannot remember how many times in the '80s I heard someone say, "This truck rides like a car!" Of course the top of the line trucks came with white wall "car" tires.

It looks to me as though your tire choice is not helping you. They may look cool but if they are aired up to max pressure, they are going to be stiff. @Grit dog and I are in agreement on this.

I would try replacing the front coils with a new set as close as I could get to the OE spec. The leaf pack in the rear rode pretty smooth in its day. You can affect the ride quality front and rear with the right shocks also. When that truck was new a set of Monroe Gas Magnum shocks would really make the ride stiff but they helped it handle better on a curvy road. The factory shocks were usually shot after 30K miles or less.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawhite