Cruise set up for LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

partsjockey

Reaction score
First Name
luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
6.0l
Long time listener first time caller. Searched on this site about using factory cruise w/dbc ls swap. I can't seem to find anything relating to keeping it with the swap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tia

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
The easiest way is to grab the factory cruise control module from whatever your donor vehicle was. Or Dakota Digital offers aftermarket solutions. If you're on social media, check out the LS Swap Square Body Truck page on Facebook, lots of info there in the Files section

R Carnella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
Edited

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
All LS with drive by wire have cruise control included with pcm, and works perfectly with stock column controls
Yeah but he said drive by cable. You wouldn't happen to have a wiring diagram of how to hook that up do ya? I've got DBW in my '85 but haven't messed with getting cruise working yet. I've also got the E40 bastard child computer too which seems to complicate everything lol

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
If you are using an aftermarket cruise control stalk, you have to do some relay trickery to get it working. I have a wiring diagram somewhere for it. If you are using factory cruise control stalk, it is easier. You will need the cruise control module from the donor as well as a cable that fits to your throttle body. You will only need to feed it VSS, brake signal, and the 4 control wire signals(on/off, set/coast, resume/accel, and power). Here is a thread on another forum that has the wiring diagram I used for mine. Mine is an 80, so the factory cruise stalk wouldn't work. I used the rostra retro stalk shown in the thread pics, which require some more creative wiring and relay setup to provide the correct inputs.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=511477

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Here’s the wiring and relay setup for the aftermarket cruise control stalk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 8

91burb2500

Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R2500
Engine Size
Used the OEM stalk on mine connected to a DBC cruise box from a 2000 Yukon: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255149305022 and an AC Delco 10-pin repair plug PT1105 to wire in the leads from the truck. You need to tap into the brake light switch to be able to tap off the cruise with the brakes, wire in ignition power, then the rest of the items based on the wiring doodle on the link above. It took me about 4 hours to do the whole thing, fortunately I had the VSS wire already broke out of the stand alone LS harness, so that connection was a breeze. I intercepted and cut out the 4-wire lead from the stalk, extended the wires through the firewall, and connected everything to a junction block to provide a secure connection.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EddieLizLil1987