Control Arm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaleC10

Reaction score
First Name
clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
5.3 vortech
Hey everyone, I bought these control arms for my c10. I will post the link below. I am new to this stuff and to this forum and i’ve got a question about greasing the bushings.

These control arms did not come with grease zerk holes. I am wondering if I can pull the bolts from the ends to apply grease after I have already installed them. Most control arm sets I have seen (after purchasing these) come with a zerk fitting hole. I installed these and they have a terrible creak leading me to believe they did not come greased. It’s not a light creak/squeak it Is something you cannot drive around without complete embarrassment. Any help would be appreciated.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
What arms did you buy, you left off the link. It depends on what the bushings are made of on of they are greasable or not.

DaleC10

Reaction score
First Name
clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
5.3 vortech
Bluex, whoopsHere’s the link.

Says they can be greased. I took out the bolts from the shafts and coated the bolt with some grease. It didn’t work so I’m wondering if I should have just stuck a grease gun in the hole and filled it, then pushed the bolts in and tightened them down.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
You'll probably have to take them back off an remove the bushings to grease them. It's also possible it's only squeaking on the side between the bushings an the chassis mount. Either way you'll have to take them lose to do it right.

DaleC10

Reaction score
First Name
clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
5.3 vortech
Do you think the bushings are pressed in? It say Del-a-Lum style.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Take some pic and post what YOU have........bushing ends and complete a-arms

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Do you think the bushings are pressed in? It say Del-a-Lum style.
I don't know about those specific arms but those are generally not a super tight fit. They should come out without needing a press.

Pretty sure your noise is coming from between the bushing an the chassis mount though. Try spraying something there to see if it goes away before disassembling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
budgirl1414