Cigarette lighter woes 1983 k25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Croc1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I was double checking had power at the lighter socket, grounded it out by accident blew the fuse.
Only had a 25 amp fuse left(I did that a couple times the other night) thru it in and everything works . Lighter heats up, lights stay off, lights turn on when I turn the switch.
Yeah I don't know maybe the previous fuse was damaged or something or not put in properly.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I was double checking had power at the lighter socket, grounded it out by accident blew the fuse.
Only had a 25 amp fuse left(I did that a couple times the other night) thru it in and everything works . Lighter heats up, lights stay off, lights turn on when I turn the switch.
Yeah I don't know maybe the previous fuse was damaged or something or not put in properly.
some cheap ATC fuses can be hard to spot , they can fail in an apparent fine appearance but have no actual connection to the rest of itself or may have a misleading capacity

or even, the contacts maybe just too corroded and you swapping around allowed some proper flow idk

Croc1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
That's what I'm thinking too. They were some off brand company so who knows. But it's working so I'll take it .
Appreciate all the help and wiring diagrams!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcourt