Build your own spark plug wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poodlehead

Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I have a stock 77 350. I want to get a new custom set of wires that have the nipples that fit in the distributor retainer ring, route the wires behind the block, along the sides of the block, and end with a 90 degree boots at the plugs.

I found the exact 'cut to length wire' kit on Amazon but they are 10mm wires. I am not able to find any crimpers for 10mm wires and I'm not able to find smaller wires withe the nipples and 90 degree boots

The Taylor crimpers are marked 7/8mm. Would other ratcheting crimpers work OK if I didn't do the 'full crimp' with the tool?

Any suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240812-112254.png
    Screenshot_20240812-112254.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 18

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Look at some NAPA 700242 wires. No they are not cut to fit,and they are listed for a big block. But the wires are the right length to go over the valve covers on SBC,and they are straight boot and For HEI distributor. I'm just guessing as to why you want to make your own,but this maybe the answer.

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a stock 77 350. I want to get a new custom set of wires that have the nipples that fit in the distributor retainer ring, route the wires behind the block, along the sides of the block, and end with a 90 degree boots at the plugs.

I found the exact 'cut to length wire' kit on Amazon but they are 10mm wires. I am not able to find any crimpers for 10mm wires and I'm not able to find smaller wires withe the nipples and 90 degree boots

The Taylor crimpers are marked 7/8mm. Would other ratcheting crimpers work OK if I didn't do the 'full crimp' with the tool?

Any suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated!
10mm wires look goofy and don't do anything for performance. Get a stock replacement set of Delphi/AC Delco or cut to fit Taylors/MSD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EC Metalworks