Spark plug wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I have a stock 77 350. I'd like to route a new custom 'cut to length' set of wires like this, but I want the nipple for the dist retainer ring and 90 degree plug ends.

I'm having a hard time finding that combination. I found one set like this, but they are 10mm wires and I can't find a crimper that does 10mm wires. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
If you have the ramhorn/center-dump exhaust manifolds, then yeah, route them as shown in the pic you posted. Cut to fit are great, but stock wires can be routed that way. It makes for a clean look, and the wires are out of the way. Just takes a little extra time to route them that way, which is why people typically don't. I know I didn't for the longest time, but I also didn't know they were supposed to be routed under the block that way. I was always chasing the right wire spacers took keep the wires off the manifolds. The first time I routed them the correct way it was so much better. I went with cut to fit on the last installation and recommend that personally.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
If you have the ramhorn/center-dump exhaust manifolds, then yeah, route them as shown in the pic you posted. Cut to fit are great, but stock wires can be routed that way. It makes for a clean look, and the wires are out of the way. Just takes a little extra time to route them that way, which is why people typically don't. I know I didn't for the longest time, but I also didn't know they were supposed to be routed under the block that way. I was always chasing the right wire spacers took keep the wires off the manifolds. The first time I routed them the correct way it was so much better. I went with cut to fit on the last installation and recommend that personally.
Factory wires for a 1986 c10 305 are routed that way and have all the features that @Poodlehead is looking for. I realized a few minute ago this is a year old thread and I'm answering the same question with the same answer I gave a year ago.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Factory wires for a 1986 c10 305 are routed that way and have all the features that @Poodlehead is looking for. I realized a few minute ago this is a year old thread and I'm answering the same question with the same answer I gave a year ago.
At least you're consistent :happy160:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EC Metalworks