About to get my first cummins truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I really like those Dodgers but only personally into the 12 valve. Worked on enough 24s to know why. I think it's cool you had a diesel tempo, WTF?? Cool!!. My Grandma had a white 1990 tempo gasser I got from her. Brought back some good memories then I sold it to a friend.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
@squaredeal91 was he still your friend after you sold it to hm??^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahaha. More of an acquaintance lol. I saw the car on the road for 2 years afterwards. Haven't seen it for a while now lol

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
You’ll like your Cummins Dodge. Bought mine new in 1997, one of the few vehicles I’ve bought new but needed it for hauling heavy trailers across country. 12 valve, P pump, HD manual transmission.

I do most of the regular maintenance on it but have a great diesel mechanic for some things, such as addressing the dreaded “killer dowel pin” others mentioned. He says the Cummins 12 valve with a manual gearbox is a “million mile drivetrain”. So far it has about 380,000 and runs great. The only failure besides an alternator or 2 was the fuel shutoff solenoid. Even then I was able to tie it open with a cord, restart it and drive home. Untied the cord to kill it. Drove it like that for days until I replaced the part. :anitoof:

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I really like those Dodgers but only personally into the 12 valve. Worked on enough 24s to know why. I think it's cool you had a diesel tempo, WTF?? Cool!!. My Grandma had a white 1990 tempo gasser I got from her. Brought back some good memories then I sold it to a friend.
The Tempo leaked so much oil that the ferry service here wouldn't let me get on. It was so oddball that it was kinda cool though. It would move forward from a stop in any forward gear except 5th.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
The Tempo leaked so much oil that the ferry service here wouldn't let me get on. It was so oddball that it was kinda cool though. It would move forward from a stop in any forward gear except 5th.
That thing sounds like allot of fun. Did it leak oil from the back of the alternator? Was it a Mazda diesel?

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Well that was short-lived. Sold the truck to a friend. The poor guy has been hauling firewood, elk hunting and towing stuff with a mid 2000's Chevy quad cab 1500 ( we call them half ton hanky box's) for the past few years. I felt so bad for him that I HAD to sell him a real truck.

Really, since I already have three trucks and a Suburban I couldn't justify it. If I got it for free then I would be able to. But the money I spent on the Dodge purchase would be better spent on projects I need to complete already.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Well that was short-lived. Sold the truck to a friend. The poor guy has been hauling firewood, elk hunting and towing stuff with a mid 2000's Chevy quad cab 1500 ( we call them half ton hanky box's) for the past few years. I felt so bad for him that I HAD to sell him a real truck.

Really, since I already have three trucks and a Suburban I couldn't justify it. If I got it for free then I would be able to. But the money I spent on the Dodge purchase would be better spent on projects I need to complete already.
That was really nice. Good for you buddy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachbw55