350 or LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruck

Reaction score
First Name
De
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am new to this forum and to "car stuff" too. I don't know all the proper terms so bare with me and please forgive my ignorance.

I took on the responsibility of getting my dad's 77 C10 short bed back on the road. He gave it to my uncle in the late 80s early 90s and he proceeded to destroy it. It has been flooded. The bed is rusted through and the engine is shot. The big question I am trying to decide is whether or not I should go with a 350 or LS engine. I have no big desire for it have tons of power, maybe spin the tires here and there. :) I just want to be able to get in it and go where I need when I am home. Getting decent gas mileage would be wonderful. The local community college has agreed to take it on as a project for the students. They will do all the work, I just need to supply the parts. I have done lots of reading trying to figure things out but seem to be getting nowhere. The 350 will bolt right on nothing needs to be changed, but the gas mileage is horrible and the tech is so old. With an LS it will just fire right up, it will just run nice and smooth. However, it requires so many modifications. That is the gist of what is going on, any help would be great.

Which engine would you guys suggest and why?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcourt