1982 c10 6.2 to gas harness swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gills motorworks

Reaction score
First Name
p
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So I bought this 1982 c10 that was orginally a diesel. Has two tanks one is shot but i can use the passenger tank for now. i ordered a replica gasser engine harness off brothers trucking for the same year but for a gasser and not a diesel. now... i know the diesel was differnt but i am guessing the fuse blocks inside the trucks are the same? the only thing that is hanging me up is were the pink wire for the diesel fuel sending unit seem to come into a three-wire plug under the main junction block at the firewall. also, the new factory harness I got has the pink wire that runs from the main junction block to the tank for the sending unit. looking at the plug to the clutster it all looks like it matches the wirning diagrams im seeing. at this point i might just use the pink wire and tap into the pink wire into the connector at the guage cluster. #30 is the pink wire im talking about. on the diesl they used the pink and a yellow wire for some reason for the gas level readout. any help is appreciated also wonder about the coolant and oil pressure if those would be them same as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy