1976 K10 Sport Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

financialburden88

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I recently made a package deal on a family members trucks so they would be taken care of and not parted out. Unfortunately this happened over the phone this weekend and have not been down there to take good photos. A 1983 C10 short bed, 1971 C10 long bed, and a 1976 K10 Scottsdale Sport. All have some minor surface rust but no rot, arrow straight bodies and were all driving 10 years ago. I've attached a picture of what the sport looks like for reference. Does anyone know any information on value or reference for going back exactly like factory during restoration? Obviously being harder to find I would go back stock with everything but all I have found are a few threads here and there of people in the same situation as me looking for info. Anybody ever owned one of these and have any tips? Any info would be much appreciated. And after this deal, I have my hands full for the next 10 years I'm sure will definitely update when I go get better photos!

Attachments

• 845efd46eb82508fd4bab163a4604543.jpg
    845efd46eb82508fd4bab163a4604543.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 17

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I recently made a package deal on a family members trucks so they would be taken care of and not parted out. Unfortunately this happened over the phone this weekend and have not been down there to take good photos. A 1983 C10 short bed, 1971 C10 long bed, and a 1976 K10 Scottsdale Sport. All have some minor surface rust but no rot, arrow straight bodies and were all driving 10 years ago. I've attached a picture of what the sport looks like for reference. Does anyone know any information on value or reference for going back exactly like factory during restoration? Obviously being harder to find I would go back stock with everything but all I have found are a few threads here and there of people in the same situation as me looking for info. Anybody ever owned one of these and have any tips? Any info would be much appreciated. And after this deal, I have my hands full for the next 10 years I'm sure will definitely update when I go get better photos!
Good on you for saving some Chevy and family history! I'm more familiar with the later Chevy Sport option packages, but I do remember that Matchbox made a close replica in the mid 2010s. I actually had one of these, but I had to sell it. Haven't been able to get another one (square body toys are at a premium here in Texas cause everyone loves their trucks) but I did find this picture of one on eBay currently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240615-150235.png
    Screenshot_20240615-150235.png
    664.4 KB · Views: 13

financialburden88

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes I have a few others already stored away thankfully from the pre-marketplace days. I consider them an investment and keeps me busy. Ok now that is cool I definitely will have to look into snagging one of those!

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have that EXACT Blue truck. Same color ( Catalina Blue ) and stripes. Mine is a 4x4 with the factory 400 Smallblock. I also own a 77 Sport Black with red interior. Those are the only Stepsides I own. I have 7 more Squarebody trucks but I have a thing for Stepsides. Nice rides, sir.

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
As for the rarity. My research has showed me that the Catalina Blue trucks with the factory 400 are super rare. They usually were 2WD and an in-line 6 or 350 in them. You can only get the 400 with the 4WD . My 77 is factory sport with the 77 stripes on it ( stripes were different in 77 ). It has the 350. Both have the 203 full-time 4WD. Not a fan of them but it is what it is. Trying to find a 350 turbo with the 205 case but no luck so far. Can you post pictures?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c20squarebody