What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I hit "Like" but that's not really right. Who the heck is buying or leasing all these properties, outbidding and driving established businesses out?

It can't all be weed grows like happened in California. Some of it might be property owners not tolerating any "dirty" uses, fearing they may be hit with unknown and crippling fees for Environmental remediation based on capricious newly enacted or future laws. : - {
Thank you for your honest opinion, and you are correct. The first was a landlord who wanted to fix the place up and charge more rent, The second shop was a rich guy who decided to retire, by firing everybody.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

This past week, scuffed her down with some gray Scotchbrite and applied the Vice Grip Garage wipe on clearcoat. The learning curve was a little steeper than I expected. If you get the applicator pad a little too saturated, it’ll run- but if it dries out a little too much then it smears, and on a warm day it does dry pretty quickly. I have plenty left to experiment, and lots of Scotchbrite.

This morning before a cruise, I put stronger step-up springs (silver) to help with bogging. It did help, but I’m not there yet, probably need to go one step further on the Edelbrock chart. It runs great at when going from cruise to 3/4 throttle, but then bogs before taking off when going from cruise to WOT.

Either that or I need to see if I can get a bigger accelerator nozzle than comes on the 1906- it’s already on the most aggressive setting for the accelerator pump. Truth gone ahead and been told, I should probably ask for that AFR gauge for Christmas.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Went back to manual windows. Tired of risking not being able to roll the window down. I'll say I'm getting too good at changing regulators. I did it in 15 minutes each side.

Removal: Slide forward (both should hop out) then slide back for the bottom
Install: Slide back into channel for both top, then jimmy with the bottom a bit.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, k30, k20, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Went back to manual windows. Tired of risking not being able to roll the window down. I'll say I'm getting too good at changing regulators. I did it in 15 minutes each side.

Removal: Slide forward (both should hop out) then slide back for the bottom
Install: Slide back into channel for both top, then jimmy with the bottom a bit.
Keep the manuals lubed every now and then and they'll never let you down. I'm glad all mine but one have manual windows. It also just feels right in an old truck lol

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Keep the manuals lubed every now and then and they'll never let you down. I'm glad all mine but one have manual windows. It also just feels right in an old truck lol
yeh it was a luxury that some parts were given to me. Wanted to use the fob to unlock etc. Seals probably only need lubed, but even if they are tight my arm can get it down when needed lol.

Will be painting the manual panels tomorrow to freshen up. Gotta love Krylon.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

This past week, scuffed her down with some gray Scotchbrite and applied the Vice Grip Garage wipe on clearcoat. The learning curve was a little steeper than I expected. If you get the applicator pad a little too saturated, it’ll run- but if it dries out a little too much then it smears, and on a warm day it does dry pretty quickly. I have plenty left to experiment, and lots of Scotchbrite.

This morning before a cruise, I put stronger step-up springs (silver) to help with bogging. It did help, but I’m not there yet, probably need to go one step further on the Edelbrock chart. It runs great at when going from cruise to 3/4 throttle, but then bogs before taking off when going from cruise to WOT.

Either that or I need to see if I can get a bigger accelerator nozzle than comes on the 1906- it’s already on the most aggressive setting for the accelerator pump. Truth gone ahead and been told, I should probably ask for that AFR gauge for Christmas.
I really like your truck. But the rims kinda fck with me with the difference between the front and back. I love the look of the back ones with the depth. The front ones having less depth throws me. I'd like all four to be like the back. Just my 2 cents but I still really like it. Not trying to put it down because it looks way better than both of mine. Lol

Blue is my favorite color too.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I really like your truck. But the rims kinda fck with me with the difference between the front and back. I love the look of the back ones with the depth. The front ones having less depth throws me. I'd like all four to be like the back. Just my 2 cents but I still really like it. Not trying to put it down because it looks way better than both of mine. Lol

Blue is my favorite color too.
Yeah, I agree. I’m keeping an eye out for the same wheel in a little deeper dish. They’re out there and not expensive. I’ve gotten used to it, but it’s on my list of things to accomplish if possible. These are 5.25 BS on the front, they also offer them in 4.5 and 4.75 BS.

Edit- thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it!

Girth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Garth
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Nothing worth taking pictures of, but finished sanding out the primer on the Burb, and got the barn doors to fit OK, finally. Impatiently waiting on my paint now.

Oh.... ordered a front and rear bumper kits from MOVE bumpers too. Wife said she wanted BIG bumpers.... so here we go. :oops:

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size

Wipe on clearcoat you say? Tell me more. I have a crew cab with terrible paint on hood and roof, would like to improve it a bit once it's cooler weather.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wipe on clearcoat you say? Tell me more. I have a crew cab with terrible paint on hood and roof, would like to improve it a bit once it's cooler weather.
Derek Bieri (aka Vice Grip Garage) sells it, it’s formulated by Poppy’s Patina. It comes in a quart, with the activator to be mixed with it 8:1 ratio. It’s available in matte, satin and gloss. I did the gloss. It comes with an applicator pad (terry cloth wrapped sponge).

I washed my truck with dish detergent, dried it, scuffed it everywhere with grey Scotchbrite, then wiped it down with wax and grease remover. Then, in a well ventilated area, wipe it on after mixing the amount you’d like to use.

Some people have said they don’t like the idea of applying a permanent coating over their truck, but I literally had nothing to lose. And if it were to peel, you can always do a quick light sand/scuff and reapply.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Derek Bieri (aka Vice Grip Garage) sells it, it’s formulated by Poppy’s Patina. It comes in a quart, with the activator to be mixed with it 8:1 ratio. It’s available in matte, satin and gloss. I did the gloss. It comes with an applicator pad (terry cloth wrapped sponge).

I washed my truck with dish detergent, dried it, scuffed it everywhere with grey Scotchbrite, then wiped it down with wax and grease remover. Then, in a well ventilated area, wipe it on after mixing the amount you’d like to use.

Some people have said they don’t like the idea of applying a permanent coating over their truck, but I literally had nothing to lose. And if it were to peel, you can always do a quick light sand/scuff and reapply.
Interesting, thanks for the information! Definitely something to consider.

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
The wind last night was enough to blow out the plastic bow tie from my grille emblem. I sh#t you not:

We had a storm blow thru for about 6 hours last night with 20-40 mph gusts. Spent 2 hours raking up the debris from the front and back yards this morning. Noticed something under the back axle of the truck, up against the driver's side tire. It was the plastic bow tie piece.

Since it was looking pretty crappy anyway, I removed most of the backside paint and used pinball polish on the front side to clean it up.

I haven't decided what color to paint the backside. It appears the original color was gold or orange/yellow. Further research needed.

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
Also finished up the instrument panel modification for the lighting switches and choke knob I did last month. As purchased, no idea why they made this mess:

After careful measurements, layout and head scratching, I took to it with a sharp rotary saw blade in my cordless drill. I did this freehand and am very happy with the outcome. Edges smoothed with a file:

More pinball polish used on the smooth black face, and black door edge molding fit around the rectangle:

Finished look, I like it. Even the wife said good job:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
After 2 yrs of delays I finally got my cab into primer. Also sprayed the hinges and a block off panel for the passenger side firewall. I had drilled and reamed 2 random 1/8" holes in each hinge - makes the dowels a press fit to locate them back to their original location. Use a punch to tap them in flush. Should disappear with the next round of primer or paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boss9