What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Somebody help me figure this out guys, a few things going on in here:
So, yesterday, I went back into the drivers door and got all the wires spliced and crimped. Hooked the battery back up and tested to see if the job worked and both windows moved. I did not go all the way down with the drivers(problematic side) because I had to clean up fast and be somewhere. I was excited that I had power with the new switch capacitor wired in. I was also excited because I got this 2nd new regulator(Dorman) in solid and the rollers worked great in the tracks. Today I go back to put the door card back on and button it up but decided to make sure there were no snags... passenger side seems to work fine. Drivers side will go down all the way then has trouble on the way up at about 2/3. Randomly power will not go through. Waiting a little bit seems to help. Also it seems like I will need to suture the capacitor to the switch inside the door before I put it back as it may slip out. I had to help the window up before calling it quits for today, it's going to rain for another 5 or so days soon. I also found this plug with nothing in it hanging down as if had come loose. What is it? Appears to have been mounted where the 2 holes above it are in the dash. It's to the right of the E break lever.

Is the window intermittent and not going up all the way because of my splicing/crimping hack job? Is it felt related? Have I mounted the motor wrong. All things seemed to check out while doing the job.
You must be registered for see images attach

Does this plug I just found need something I am missing? I have not noticed it before today ever since owning the truck.
Did you put any lube on the tracks? I use this stuff on the tracks, felts, hinges, etc.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Windows are on a circuit breaker, not a fuse. so if it struggles and gets hung up, eventually the heat may trip the circuit breaker. it cools off and works again after a little bit. circuit breaker keeps it from burning things up if somebody just holds down the switch after the window is up or down all the way.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Drove it some to make sure it’s ready to go to Cruising the Coast.

Attachments

• IMG_7589.jpeg
    IMG_7589.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 10

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
Repaired the parking brake release rod. Someone before me had bent the lever to keep the rod from popping off since they had no retainer:

Never noticed it was missing until I ran the new switch wires. Removed the release rod and dash bushing.
Parts before:

Parts after:

New dash bushing just snaps in with thumb pressure. Extra (I assume) holes made by others:

I managed to bend the release mechanism actuator arm back to a straight position. Everything was reassembled in just a few minutes. Definitely can feel a big difference in smoothness when pulling the handle now:

Parts came from LMC on my last order, around $8 total for the 2 pieces.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looks great out in the day light!
She makes it out every once in a while lol. No, I’m pretty bad at taking time for pictures when I’m out- I’d say that any day that I’m off and it’s not raining, it’s out of the garage. It’s just the only time I ever think of picking up the cellphone camera :emotions33:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spanky74