What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Put the 82 on ramps so I could check out the transmission leak. Got side tracked and never got under to look. If it doesn't rain I look after work today. I didn't even notice how much fluid came out until I pulled back in the driveway. It's dripping off the pass side where the lines go so I'm pretty sure that is where the problem is.

I was looking behind me when I backed out. Then left to go around the block and missed the big oil stain. Can't believe how much came out and I missed it. Glad I didn't mess it up with a longer drive. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

There's only a gallon in there? But the transmission never acted like it was low on fluid. Even got on it pretty good on the way back and broke the tires loose. Got lucky I guess. Lol

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What are you all up to today? Work has been busy lately, lots of sick people. The wheel shop couldn’t get me in for the mounting/balancing until Monday.

Got a stack of stuff waiting in the garage, just need some time to myself to get started. Looks like the rainy season might be starting early this year, hoping for a shot of good weather to come soon- also want to get the VGG clear coat on the square soon before it gets too chilly.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
What are you all up to today? Work has been busy lately, lots of sick people. The wheel shop couldn’t get me in for the mounting/balancing until Monday.

Got a stack of stuff waiting in the garage, just need some time to myself to get started. Looks like the rainy season might be starting early this year, hoping for a shot of good weather to come soon- also want to get the VGG clear coat on the square soon before it gets too chilly.
Got my suppressor quick disconnect mounted up on my hunting rifle yesterday and needed to let the rockset cure overnight. Going out to the range after work to try a few brands of hunting ammo for grouping to get ready for High Cascades deer hunt this Saturday.

Contemplating whether I should pull the bed off the square to get it redone first or pull the old engine/trans out first to finally get the engine/trans swap done. I think I will pull the bed first and do the welding/refinishing first and then get the engine/trans swapped out before I put the refinished bed back on... but we'll see. Hopefully get that all done in the few weeks between hunting trips this year before all the nasty weather moves in. Hoping to get the truck done enough before this winter really sets in to get the Buick pulled in and started on sheetmetal repair and rewiring.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
It has been over a year since I went on the last trail ride with the off road club. In fact I haven't even used the truck until last month when I finally had time to drive it to and from work that week to use up some of the old gas in it. This weekend the plan is to go spend the day on some dirt roads and drive by several different mountain lakes and go over a pass.
With the help of a thread somewhere on here I did order a replacement radiator from RockAuto. I've noticed a coolant smell walking by the front of my truck and see some signs of the end tank seeping. I also ordered new hoses and radiator bushing supports. Now if I'm smart I'll replace it before it gets to sub zero temps this winter... :slap:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I'm working on reports for the factory and getting caught up from being gone the last half of last week. Went up to Nashville for the Triple Crown of Rodding show, we had 2 booth setups this time. 2 tents and my truck down at the ride along/autoX and the other inside the Nascar garages with our first squarebody cab, a '66 Fairlane we metal'd up and a couple customer cars. Had a round table kind of discussion on Saturday with Chip Foose, Steve Mank, Alan Johnson and Dave Kindig like we did last year, that was cool.

Only thing I've done to the truck lately has been new door hinges. They were SUPER tight initially but now that they've started to loosen up, the doors shut so nicely. They latch so easily now, it's nice! Still have the TCI Engineering front kit to install in the off season, hoping they send me the rest of the stuff for the rear as well so I can get it all on at once and then measure for wheels. While the bed is off I'll also paint the frame and bed-line the bottom side of the bed. If funds allow I also need to order brakes, tires for the new wheels, get the windows tinted and send it off to get the AC working. I don't want to do another summer with no AC.

Also been trying to come up with a side gig so I can make some extra money. I don't have near the truck budget I'd like to.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I have been trying to get my drivers side power window operable. It cashed out on me right after I discovered there was no simple fix for the noise my AC compressor was making. I just want the window to work, well always, but now that the AC is most likely compromised It would be nice to roll the drivers side down again. I know you all have read my crying rants but on to the 3rd regulator! Stopped at O Reilly's today and got a Doorman regulator on order, picking up Saturday. Sent the LMC one back, and have decided to send the "OER" regulator back to Classiggg Industreez.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
1975, 1987
Truck Model
K5 Blazer, R1500
Engine Size
454, 350 tbi
Have used Dorman regulators from O’Reilly for my Squares, Fords and parents Pontiac and all have been great.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Have used Dorman regulators from O’Reilly for my Squares, Fords and parents Pontiac and all have been great.
I have used a Dorman power motor the last time I had problems and it was awesome. Now the OG regulator is finally beyond my skill level to remedy. I am anticipating good install with the Dorman.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
We will take this one, next time it's your turn!

Truck is as safe as I can make it right now. I am going to deal with this one but I am NOT going through another hurricane without a decent winch on one of these GMC trucks.

Also, these "store bought" Cooper mud grips are not even a pale shadow of the Buckshot Wide Mudders of my youth. These tires do not clean themselves out without a lot of spinning. They are pretty to look at and provide a Good Look...but they lack substance. Way more Show than Go.

look at mastercraft next round.

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I put a hundred miles on the black truck today....

The whole fleet is running and driving great.....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I put a hundred miles on the black truck today....

The whole fleet is running and driving great.....

New fuel pump fixed it then?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Had a weird blower issue tonight - one the way home, both front and rear cut off 3 times and then came back to life. The 3rd time was in front of the house - I opened the hood trying to find out if the compressor was out as well but it kicked back on before I had it open.

My guess as to the culprit:

I bought a backup tonight from OReallys. Standard RY117.

Chinesium - blech.:33:

Attachments

• 20240912_165106.jpg
    20240912_165106.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hoping to get back working on the K20 soon to finish up the box and paint. I’ve been busy doing prison work (moving rock, dirt, planted around 75 low water plants, mulch, etc….) I just have several tons of rock to go. I’m gonna spray bedliner in between moving rock.

Girth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Garth
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
The wife's square, her big Burb. It's been shedding clear and paint like crazy, so we finally decided to do something about it, since it lives outside. I WAS hoping to have paint on it before I might have to leave town next week, but OF COURSE my brand new 60gal Grizzly compressor went kaput. :mad: If I'm lucky, and take my time, I can at least get the epoxy sealer coat on with my little 33gal Craftsman. That's gonna suck. lol Old guy at the local autobody supply kinda cringed when I showed him pics. Said he's seen the original E-coat primers lift sometimes, when exposed to the new epoxy solvents? It was peeling worse on the left side, but since the silver was on top of the red on the right side, pretty sure that side has been resprayed before. Sooooo.... getting as close to bare metal as my sanity can handle.

At this point, I'll just be happy to get it in primer, even if I do have to sand and re-shoot later. Been roughing the paint off with one of the Harbor Freight surface conditioning drum sanders, and with the compressor down..... cleaning it up with electric orbitals. Blah. Still, not too shabby for a couple afternoons of making a mess.

Attachments

• Squares.jpg
    Squares.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4263.jpg
    IMG_4263.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4271.jpg
    IMG_4271.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4253.jpg
    IMG_4253.jpg