What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Not sure I'm super crazy about the dark grey on your blue but I LOOOVVEE those wheels. Could always paint or powder them something different down the road if you get bored

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not sure I'm super crazy about the dark grey on your blue but I LOOOVVEE those wheels. Could always paint or powder them something different down the road if you get bored
Yeah, I considered that- I went to the powder coat shop and it’s 150/wheel and another 80 per wheel additional if it’s a color outside of their catalog. I’m a little (way!) tapped out right now but good enough for now. Haven’t decided on a color yet but I’m jealous of @Grit dog @Soundmound color that they have. Maybe a bright silver to match the bed rails and trim.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yeah, I considered that- I went to the powder coat shop and it’s 150/wheel and another 80 per wheel additional if it’s a color outside of their catalog. I’m a little (way!) tapped out right now but good enough for now. Haven’t decided on a color yet but I’m jealous of @Grit dog @Soundmound color that they have. Maybe a bright silver to match the bed rails and trim.
Not that I'm saying it looks bad at all, they look great as is, but I do think a bright silver or something would tie better with everything else on the truck. It still looks great as is, I'd run it like that for a while for sure. Now you have variety!

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
White or a cream color might look pretty good on a blue truck.

The 19’s and 20’s don’t look bad, but I think offering those designs in 15” or 16” offerings would have been a hot seller, on top of the larger sizes.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
You must be registered for see images attach
Well, they fit. Pinky width of gap. No matter how much I shuck, shimmy, stomp or shake it, can’t get it to touch sidewall. Just a test fit in the rear before I mounted up the rest.

Do they look ridiculous? Likely. Will I keep them? Why not. Can always be trade fodder down the road.

Edit- wheel as is about 68 lbs. stock steel rally with 275/60 is almost 61. Not as much difference as I thought.
They do look great! Either these or the rallies are a great look. I would ride them for a bit and then selfishly I suggest going back to the rallies! Lol.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
They do look great! Either these or the rallies are a great look. I would ride them for a bit and then selfishly I suggest going back to the rallies! Lol.
You’ll definitely be seeing the rallies in the future, lol.

Actually, since silver is one of their in-house catalog powder coating colors (and therefore cheaper) I’ll probably have them (the rallies) broken down and redone professionally before I have the Halibrands done :happy107:

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Got the master cylinder on and brakes bled....test drive to start breaking in the gears and had a bunch of noise coming from somewhere :confused:
Almost started freaking out but its just one of the driveshaft weights hitting the x pipe.....guess I get to fix that next :emotions122:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Well, they fit. Pinky width of gap. No matter how much I shuck, shimmy, stomp or shake it, can’t get it to touch sidewall. Just a test fit in the rear before I mounted up the rest.

Do they look ridiculous? Likely. Will I keep them? Why not. Can always be trade fodder down the road.

Edit- wheel as is about 68 lbs. stock steel rally with 275/60 is almost 61. Not as much difference as I thought.
Wow, that’s great! Murphy’s law didn’t apply for once. Lol
Wish youda bought them before me….
I measured 3x and couldn’t convince myself they’d fit my truck. What size tire?
275? I wanted em for fatter tires. But they fit and that’s what matters! They Look badass!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wow, that’s great! Murphy’s law didn’t apply for once. Lol
Wish youda bought them before me….
I measured 3x and couldn’t convince myself they’d fit my truck. What size tire?
275? I wanted em for fatter tires. But they fit and that’s what matters! They Look badass!
Thanks man! Yeah, 275/40. They don’t look too stretched. We’ll see what happens when I get them on the road, hitting bumps, off camber, etc, but for around town I think they’ll be fine. I might be inclined to put the 15s on for long road trips for comfort anyhow. Here’s a side profile for ya.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Thanks man! Yeah, 275/40. They don’t look too stretched. We’ll see what happens when I get them on the road, hitting bumps, off camber, etc, but for around town I think they’ll be fine. I might be inclined to put the 15s on for long road trips for comfort anyhow. Here’s a side profile for ya.
Nice. Yeah bout like the 255s look on my front wheels.
That’s where the pinky width came from….lol
Well congrats. And I wouldn’t change the color, personally. Everyone has silver wheels. Those are brake dust colored! Perfect.
Bout the same color as the wheels on my Charger and the kids Mustang. I dig it!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Watch out for curbs!
Sheesh, no kidding. Learned that (expensive) lesson years ago. In my water cooled VWs with 17” low profiles I drove around with my passenger side mirror aimed at the ground so I could see the curb much closer. Just takes a minute of inattention and then there’s hundreds of dollars of repairs to be done.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I got the regulator in from Classic Industries. The motor bolts on perfect. I was excited to get the job done but putting the regulator in the door the rollers are just wide enough to not fit in the GD tracks. Just slightly to wide or maybe to tall??!! Either way this is frustrating AH. I haven't let my truck sit this long before. I am calling Classic industries to see if they have any guidance here. Does anyone on the forum have a trick to get re-pop rollers to actually fit? Has anyone had this problem with re-pop regulators? How hard would it be to get the rollers off my trucks original regulator that actually fit the doors tracks?

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Side by side of old regulator rollers and new regulator rollers. You can barely see but the new ones are slightly wider. Maybe a millimeter. Trying to force it in the track, which I never had to do with the old regulator, started making the window move and I could hear the tape starting to ungrip from it so I stopped trying to force it. It seems like the rollers may break trying to do this anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybamatrx