TPS sensor wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martingmc86

Reaction score
First Name
martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra 1500
Engine Size
v8 5.0
Hey guys,I have a 86 gmc sierra 5.0 4 barrel carb I need help identifying my TPS wires going into my sensor I need to know which one is the TPS signal and which one is the ground wire? Can you help me please?

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hey guys, I need help identifying my TPS wires going into my sensor I need to know which one is the TPS signal and which one is the ground wire? Can you help me please?
We got another one!!!!! Year? Model? Engine?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Busy and working from memory,I'll look harder later. From memory you have a yellow wire it's 5v reference ignore it check continuity to ground with your DVM on the other two. 1 will read open it's signal one will read o it's your ground. If no yellow find the 5 v wire and proceed as above.
Home now, looked for you,grey is 5v reference,blue is signal, black is ground

Last edited:

martingmc86

Reaction score
First Name
martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra 1500
Engine Size
v8 5.0
Busy and working from memory,I'll look harder later. From memory you have a yellow wire it's 5v reference ignore it check continuity to ground with your DVM on the other two. 1 will read open it's signal one will read o it's your ground. If no yellow find the 5 v wire and proceed as above.
Home now, looked for you,grey is 5v reference,blue is signal, black is ground
Ok that’s makes sense So with that being said I need to do the following splice in to my tps signal wire that should be (blue) and splice in to my ground reference wire that should be (black)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tlaney67