The Best Carburetor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YardPickerUpper

Reaction score
First Name
Svengoolie
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 5.7l
I've had my '79 k10 for a few years now, and was thinking about getting a new carb/intake manifold combo for it. It's a 5.7l 350 and it's got some rebuilt 4brl carb on it right now with the stock manifold. Was wondering if anybody had a favorite carb/intake manifold setup that they've been using just for the road without breaking the bank. I would also like to convert it over to electric choke so, let me know your specifics or I'll just get some edelbrock or holley combo on Summit and call it a day.

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Q jet guys are gonna say they're the best because GM knows all and people who don't like them don't understand them. They usually have a cousins/sisters/brothers former roommate that was a w-h-i-z with a Qjet. Coupled with a 700r4 and 2.56 gears you stop at gas stations to unload fuel not fill up. They like the sound too.

Holley and Edelbrock guys usually say just put em on and go. A crude bunch. It may not be perfect but good enough for most situations. Some screw with em and get em all out of whack and hate them. Poor fuel mileage is easy to attain.

Try em all see what you like. Just like women...some like blondes, some like brunettes, some like crazy redheads.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I am that qjet wiz on post 4. But as also mentioned on post 4 about Holleys and Edelbrocks. Holleys are so simple to dial in compared to a Qjet. My first choice would be Qjet,but if you don't want to learn how to make all the adjustments,and want something simple. A Holley is dirt simple and run good. And the Crazy ones are fun,until they're not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YardPickerUpper