Step Side Bed Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am seeking advice .....I am trying to get a good ground on the back of my step side bed and I came up with this.... upside,downside, completely wrong????
The pic was taken from the ground looking up used a body bolt and connected ground strap to bed and the other end to the frame.
I have had grounding issues in the past just trying to be proactive.
KB

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
350 w/203
Good start. Now, take it off, clean the surface where it attaches, smear a dab of copper anti-lock on it and re-install. THEN you will have a reliable connection.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Akkshully - I went one step farther on my 80' stepper.

I had grounding issues which prevented the brake lights and turn signals from working properly. The original ground is via star washers which breaks the paint between the taillamp bracket and box, and again between the taillamp attaching studs and bracket.

I would take the brackets off every spring and repaint them, which is good for rust repair but directionally incorrect for grounding.

What I finally ended up doing was running a single wire from the lamp socket (inside the housing) directly to the frame, routed along with the taillamp wires. Both LH and RH side.

That took care of all my lamp grounding issues.

K
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Keith I have grounded from the mounting bolts on the lights to the frame in the past. just trying to not have extra wires hanging out there.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
thanks guys. all good info and open to other ideas

Latest posts

Forum statistics