So I’m having an issue with fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrown5385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 1500
Engine Size
So I’m having fuel supply issue. I’m thinking I have a plugged fuel supply line. I have an electronic fuel pump mounted on the frame.

It was running fine then slowly started supplying less and less fuel until finally supplying none. I swapped out pumps and still same issue….. im
Think something is plugged form the pick il in the tank to the inlet side of fuel pump…
Best way of going about this? Already has All new rubber lines from the sending unit to the fuel pumped. I was going to try and charge the line with air and see if there was free flow?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Pull the inlet line off the pump put a piece of hose from the pump to a lawnmower can. Do you get fuel now. Well you just confirmed you can't pull it from the tank,but the pump works. No? You just confirmed you've burned up two pumps. External electric pumps don't live long most of the time. What brand? Where did you mount it? How did you supply power to it?Did you put a filter in front of it? Are you running a return line? If the pump is verified to work, verify you installed it to manufacturers instructions,if so make sure all lines from pump to tank are in good shape and can't suck air. If all that checks out,you need to drop the tank 20 minute job if you have an cordless impact,a cordless drill,and some compound leverage cutters.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwright