Rear dually wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

campbellb0609

Reaction score
First Name
campbell
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
85 1 ton cab and chassis dually wanting to put bigger tires. What options do I have besides swapping rear end for non narrow cab and chassis rear end. First dually so don’t know much about spacing and tire fitment

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
I think it’s less about the axle width and more about the space between the tires. Icbw.
Depends how big you want to go. Not much selection for tall and skinny for duals and IMO tall and wide rear tires on a dually look like hot @ss!
Ifn I was doing a lifted doolie, I’d either match tall n skinny’s front to back or srw the front axle so you can run a matching front wheel but in a wider tire and tall n skinny’s out back.
I guess, measure the clearance to the frame to see what you can run for an inner wheel. But I don’t suspect that’s the limit g factor.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
85 1 ton cab and chassis dually wanting to put bigger tires. What options do I have besides swapping rear end for non narrow cab and chassis rear end. First dually so don’t know much about spacing and tire fitment
The main thing is enough space between the two tires, at the ground. When you have a load the tires will squat more and start touching. So tire width and spacing between the duals are the most important things.

I can't say for certain but it seems like there's plenty of room to clear the leaf spring for 10.5 wides, MAYBE, since there isn't much deflection happening halfway up the tire. On stock wheels anyways. But I'm not sure you can fit 10.5's with stock wheels though.

Cab and chassis axles aren't very friendly towards wheels with more dish than stock+ big tires.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I tried 235 16's on a dually. Sidewalls would touch when loaded, very close when not. Ended up installing 215's. OEM wheels are the same with either a cab and chassis or dually pickup. Axle width changes nothing. If you look at the picture above there is no room for more offset. Another problem is clearance for the drum, would probably need to go to a larger diameter.

If it matters, DOT will park a vehicle with touching sidewalls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LazyBonez22