Radiator Support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Getting ready to mount my radiator support and noticed the center bar bent in a bit. Not creased and doesn't look peripherally damaged in any way - were these supposed to be like this or straight? If straight, I dont think its a difficult repair either.

THX

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Read your post and just went out and checked mine. It's supposed to have that bend in it. All good. I actually cut mine at one point and welded it back together. Discovered you can't do a cam change with the engine in the truck otherwise.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Read your post and just went out and checked mine. It's supposed to have that bend in it. All good. I actually cut mine at one point and welded it back together. Discovered you can't do a cam change with the engine in the truck otherwise.
Thanks dude - was thinking 'this could be the dumbest question posted to date' when I asked. My original was eaten up where a battery had leaked (it got my inner fender on that side as well) - got this in a JY off of an 86 Blazer or Burb - cant remember which. Had it blasted and powder coated - was thinking maybe the heat warped it or something.

Thanks again!
:hat:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i would imagine the bend increases its strength since its a curve supporting a stamped/assembled/boxed unit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsparky