question about gmc vs chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkell2a

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350,, 5.7
I recently purchased a 1984 GMC Sierra 1500, I know that Squarebodys made by GM are pretty much the same besides the badges and I was wondering if i would be considered "wrong" if i put chevy emblems on my GMC truck, I simply like the bowties and prefer it more, Let me know... thanks

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Do whatever you like. I put new Z-71 emblems on my truck. I put them where the Silverado emblems would be. My truck was stripped of all the trim and emblems by the PO. I'm thinking of buying a set of Texas Edition emblems and putting them on her. I have a set of Trail Boss decals but haven't put them on yet.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Now that I think about it: we had a "race truck" at the Proving Ground that was a GMC.

Back before you could run anything at a Super Chevy event we used to change the grill and tailgate to Chevy in order to run the races. We left the fender emblems and dash emblems as GMC and nobody ever noticed.

K

You must be registered for see images attach

85 red GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I recently purchased a 1984 GMC Sierra 1500, I know that Squarebodys made by GM are pretty much the same besides the badges and I was wondering if i would be considered "wrong" if i put chevy emblems on my GMC truck, I simply like the bowties and prefer it more, Let me know... thanks
Do whatever you prefer. GMC was considered higher level than Chevrolet (Professional grade they call it now). My 85 is a GMC but you can easily do what you prefer as they are similar.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Really? Custom order?
Might be from too many "custom orders" of tequila the night before?

I like GMC more most of the time, but some years, yeah, I think the Chevy grill looks better. I'd recommend not scrapping the old emblems, but I doubt anyone is going to bust you up too much for making it look better in your own eyes.

Kinda funny, I always call myself a "chevy" guy, but I've had 4 GMC's, 3 Chevy trucks (one of them is my motorhome), 2 Chevy cars, 2 Saturns, 1 Toyota and 1 inherited Ford (my wife's truck when we got married). I suppose that's more chevy badges than any other, but more GMC trucks than Chevy trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy