Power steering lines for new box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC_Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 sbc
Hey guys just installed a new steering box in my truck. It's a reman from O'Reilly's. Any ideas how to get the high pressure line that fit the old one to fit the new one? Old one looks like an o ring new one looks like an inverted flare.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GMC_Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 sbc
Update: Got it working for now

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Starting in '78 I believe, the lines went to metric o-ring connections. Previous years were standard inverted flare fittings.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Starting in '78 I believe, the lines went to metric o-ring connections. Previous years were standard inverted flare fittings.
The threads are slightly different also one is standard,one is metric. But there are so close it kinda works. The right fix is put the right box on it .2nd best is change the hose to hose from an appropriate year truck and change the fitting in the back of the pump if necessary . I guess a 3rd option would be have a hose made. If it's working now,I'm not sure how. Good luck

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The threads are slightly different also one is standard,one is metric. But there are so close it kinda works. The right fix is put the right box on it .2nd best is change the hose to hose from an appropriate year truck and change the fitting in the back of the pump if necessary . I guess a 3rd option would be have a hose made. If it's working now,I'm not sure how. Good luck

Another option is adapter fittings. I know they are made to use an o-ring box with standard lines, but I'm not positive about the other way around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually