Parking brake cable mount for exhaust that exits to side in front of rear wheel? Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logbed

Reaction score
First Name
Juha
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Fleetside Silverado
Engine Size
I have this setup for parking brake in my '85 longbed. The cables hang quite low on the left side in front of the rear wheel so there is not good room for side exhaust exit. How have you solved this? Seems like a different mount in the frame could help lifting the cables higher, but would it create bad bends or other problems? Pictures appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Toad455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sorry I don't have an answer but are these cables factory? The reason I ask is my 78 that I'm building has cables and they are going to hit the trans pan and cross member and what you have looks much better.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Different vintages route differently. Each has its +/- and aftermarket anything is a crap shoot these days. Fabricating a fix for this isn't too hard, just keep slack allowances in mind (sometimes you can adjust out some stuff) and keep all bends as wide as possible. You will see what you need to do. Sometimes those fat zip ties make it easy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doolin