Painting the gas tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Vandelay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Didn’t ask about the prep in the first round of questions but noticed you said all on how you prep so figured I’d ask. Truck most likely will never see rain or snow but as this whole thing is learning lesson, I figured I would put some time in on something you’re probably never gonna see and learn the proper way of doing things. Nice thing is if I screw up, no one will ever see it.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Didn’t ask about the prep in the first round of questions but noticed you said all on how you prep so figured I’d ask. Truck most likely will never see rain or snow but as this whole thing is learning lesson, I figured I would put some time in on something you’re probably never gonna see and learn the proper way of doing things. Nice thing is if I screw up, no one will ever see it.
Sorry. Prep? If the surface is roughened, nothing will peel and completely clean of any grease/oil/dirt, paint will stick. Little flash rust or surface rust, not an issue. (Not loose or dusty rust).
Get some DTM or DTR paint , direct to rust, and shoot it.
If you’re really worried about rust maybe hit those spots with ospho first.
Note, corrosion only works in the presence of oxygen. Hence if you seal up minor rust well, it will not continue to corrode.

Art Vandelay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
After Rust Kutter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Art Vandelay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks to you…yes

Attachments

• IMG_7479.jpeg
    IMG_7479.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9

Art Vandelay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Was going to go Doppleganger’s route and bed line the bottom but top came out looking so good with Seymour stainless might just stick with that. Finish is a little grainy in some areas but don’t know if I’ll sand and reapply.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Headroom