Paint schemes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CmuCmu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alfredo
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 SILVERADO BIG10
Engine Size
Hey guys, hope you are having a lovely day. I have a question; or more of an "I'm looking for ideas" kind of thing.
See, my truck is registered as "black and grey", which means I must use black and grey covering 90% of the body exterior. No indications on which surface percentage must be covered by each color though.
Anyway, currently she's all black except for the fiberglass canopy, which is grey.
However, since I installed window tint, it looks kind of lame; and since I have all I need to paint her, I've been thinking all black with, maybe, a thick grey line on the sides.
But since looking from the sides there's no bottom body line to follow the paint line, I'm stuck.
So, does anyone have a catalog or something with the original paint schemes? Or maybe pictures on paint schemes? Doesn't matter which color combo, I just need to know the shapes used.
Best reference would be Blazer or Suburban since they include the canopy, but pick-up could work too.
Thanks in advance!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
And piles of internet pictures and pics on this forum.
For the 80s style center stripe, the upper edge is just below the bottom of the door handle and the bottom edge is just below center on the gas door.
Bottom takes a wide black or chrome colored stick on trim. Top is a 5 striped pin stripe (from the factory).
But if ya get good straight paint edge it will look good even without the expensive trim and pinstripe. And any matching or complimenting color pin stripes will look great and hide the paint lines.
All black with grey side stripe and grey roof would be sharp. And, I think, may have been an OE color combo.
But really, any of the above pictured 2 tone combinations will look great. Personal preference I suppose.
One thing I don’t think looks right is when the 2 tone lines look like someone tried to emulate an OE combo but decided to change it up a little. Looks “off” imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84K30dually