Lowered 1974 C20 8 Lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

shelly

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 crew cab single wheel
Engine Size
TBI 350
In regards to the front drop, what’s in their kit for the front? Spindles n springs I guess? Any more than a 3” drop via drop spindles and your outer edge of your lower A arms will catch on a 15” wheel, I wanna say I’ve read that you’re gonna have to go up to like a 17” or maybe 18” wheel for clearance. You can grind on that outer edge/lip on the A arm for clearance but I’d just go with a tubular or dropped control arm. 6in drop, with that wheel n tire set up gonna be hell on them ball joints lol…
As for backspacing, I got 10” wheel with 295’s, and a 4 or 4.5 backspace (i forgot what Detroit steel made
For me) and I can barely fit a finger between the wheel arch and the tire.

Was bout to get some **** from Switch for my 73 3/4ton but read the fine print n saw that the same drop kits won’t work with a cab chassis truck ‍… oh well lol

I did a 6/8 drop on my C30 CC with the SS kit and it went alright minus the time it took and some miscommunications but I could not use my factor 16's with the stock control arms (wasn't going to cut them). I had 20's that were going on it so I wasn't worried but then I ran into them hitting my finders and cab so ordered a set of tubular control arms anyways.

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/thread...-ton-single-wheel-long-bed.43796/#post-932386

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
creamsicle76