European 86 C20 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kapitein

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
and more...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-13 at 10.58.32_94fa08de.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-13 at 10.58.32_94fa08de.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-07-13 at 14.00.04_4153b71f.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-13 at 14.00.04_4153b71f.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 18

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Welcome from Missouri.

YakkoWarner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Interior looks very much like mine, but your exterior has a lot more shine. It tooke me 2 full days to polish a small Mazda hatchback, I expect it would take close to a month to polish up something the size of these squarebody Suburbans....

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Welcome from VA, USA. Real nice Burban.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Hi all,

Ive just bought my first squarebody, a 1986 C20 Silverado 454 Barndoor. Im based in The Netherlands and have had mutiple American cars over the years, but this is my first time running a classic! My current daily is an 07 Sub LTZ and i've previously had an 07 Yukon Denali XL.

Im going to be dailying my C20, so ive purposefully bought at the 'top' of the market here... it should be a perfectly functioning truck. Everything works incl. the AC, all the gauges, all the windows etc. Its already had new paint and there is zero rust or bodywork damage. The interior is probably an 8/10. Headliner is already replaced etc. I just want to give it a good clean and install a nice sound system at some point.

The car itself is originally a Texas vehicle, that then went to California. It was exportred from Cali in about 2010 and has been in dry-storage ever since here in The Netherlands. As part of the deal the truck is going to be fully re-commissioned for the road. That means new fluids, brakes, suspension, water pump, chain, plugs, points, etc etc. Im really looking forward to getting in it and driving it!

Because its going to be a daily, ive already ordered myself 4x Holley Retrobright headlights and a new set of Brothers Trucks LED taillights. Otherplans for the future include different wheels (thinking Detroit Steels) and a mild lift (2-4"). I also want a new steering wheel and it will eventually be converted to run on Propane (like my current 07)... financially that will be a huge saving in fuel costs.

It will be about another 6-8 weeks before the truck has been finished and has local tags... in the mean time im trying to familiarise myself as much as possible with the platform.

Here are some current pics the day that I did the deal. You can see the pinstriping needs replacing, that will be taken care of, and the front and rear suspension will be replaced for new OEM to cure the rear end sag.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looking forward to being part of the community :)
Welcome to our community! Great looking Suburban! Remember, don't try to use one of those new style 0W motor oils! You might have dangerously low oil pressure!

J. B.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Welcome from Oregon.
That is a swell starting point for you.

Thanks for all the photos!
Nice, I was considering R2500 burb but was scared away not knowing how to register it as a 'car'

(Bit of context for US friends: 3500 kg is a magical number in Europe which divides light and heavy vehicles, a 'truck' needs a different driving license, speed limiters, different road tolls, tachograph is necessary, etc.)

Anyway yours looks beautiful, I like this front end a lot
Speed limiters? Tattle Tale? Yuk!

J. B.

kapitein

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Last week the C20 was successfully imported in to the country, so now im just waiting for the licence plates. No technical problems observed during the inspection. This was the first time ive seen/heard the car running. It sounds brutal.... im wodering if its already got a cam, sure sounds like it at idle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The stance front to back has been sorted out, its now sitting right (the rear shocks are also inflatable to adjust ride height).

Pick up date is agreed as 15 August, so just over a week and I hope to be driving her!

My LED rear lights turned up and this morning my 4x Holley Retrobrights came in. So job 1 will be getting those mounted up.

I managed to sell my 07 this past weekend, so this was the only time they will ever have been nect to each other. Gonna miss the 07 for sure.

shelly

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 crew cab single wheel
Engine Size
TBI 350
Looks amazing and slightly jealous of it! Welcome to the forum!

kapitein

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Pinstriping is being taken care of, and I have my licence plates :)

I've also ordered a wooden/polished steering wheel, and next week I'm looking at new wheels.

I'm leaning toward either American Racing Baja or Outlaw II. Both look great.

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Both look great and in my opinion better than what you have now.
I don't know if in 2WD 3/4 ton Burb track width is different front and rear, like in 4WD V1500, but if so you may consider different offset front and rear. I don't have that and as a result fronts stick out and splash mud and grime everywhere, while rear sits nice inside wheel wells.

BTW what kind of propane/LPG system are you putting? I was looking if there are vertical toroidal tanks available but looks like they were all discontinued as verticality stored spare wheels are no longer common.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zcostilla