LMC C20 Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tennessee bound

Reaction score
First Name
christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I recently bought a full exhaust for my 1973 C20, 454 with Turbo mufflers, stock exit. I'm about ready to take the old system off & install the new one. Question is, has anyone bought an exhaust system from LMC and how was your experience installing it? I'm obviously not looking forward to fighting tooth & nail putting it on. My truck is not Lowered, its completely stock.Thanx, Chris...

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I bought my complete kit(except for mufflers) from Jegs. I'm having someone put it on as my current 1/2 exhaust is so screwed up.

Attachments

• IMG_20240930_133147534_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240930_133147534_AE.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 3

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I bought mine from Summit Racing, and I think it was made by Flowtech. Everything fit fine, but it was a slow job to get it all lined up. Also, none of the pipes are marked, so you have to look at diagrams and try to figure out exactly which on goes in which place. I did it all with the front wheels up on ramps, which doesn't provide much clearance to slide under there.

I bought a few heavier clamps and hangars from Autozone because the ones provided didn't always tighten up enough to stop the pipes from rotating. The pipes have various turns and angles in them, and you turn and angle them so they clear obstructions, and then you want to tighten it all down and have them stay that way. Even the weight of an offset muffler can make a system turn because of the offset pipe on one end. I also used Magnaflow mufflers, which have a little bigger pipe size than needed, and standard clamps did not work well. I switched to using band clamps for the mufflers because they could be tightened down and keep everything aligned.

Tennessee bound

Reaction score
First Name
christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks guys, I made it home today Finally, I'm a truck driver, and trailer-ed it to a muffler shop here in Bakersfield, "No Muff too tough" the exhaust I purchased went on Almost Flawlessly. The only glitch was with the passenger side at the rear with the spare tire and its hanger. Steve, The shop owner, simply made a cut or two to shorten some length. So if anyone's wondering about LMC Exhaust systems for the given application, TWO thumbs up. My truck is a 1973 C20 Camper Special Long bed, Completely stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atru11