Lift or rebuild stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmichels83

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You have yourself a very nice looking truck! If you decide to go stock springs, check out Rockauto.com.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I have an 85 K10 with 2” Tuff Country springs front and back. Also running 285/75/16s. The ride is better after a couple years of settling but it’s not a drastic change. That being said I wish I would’ve just upgraded to stock height. I love how that looks
His being K20 it already rides higher at stock height

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
That's what I'm saying too... the ride is very dependant on the C/K version.
You really should use 2 floor jacks and witness the ball joints and steering system is within limits with the jacks at a very slight lift over the worn suspension to gauge the required spring rates and extra leaves required.

If you go from stop to stop on the steering wheel, with the stock pitman arm and your new springs add more than it can handle, you'll start breaking joints or blow out the steering box bushings, bearings and seals.

In fact, worn front springs and bushings can ruin the steering box just as fast as over lifting the entire front end 2-3 inches over stock.

There's not as much room for error in geometry as you might think, at road speeds of 75-80 mph, with worn tires and the state of the road repairs these days.

It's the in town pot holes that will wreck even slightly mis-aligned geometry.

We drive like what looks like evasive driving by law enforcement to avoid the pot holes here.

The cops pull over the people driving in a straight line as "endangering the public".

What is the world coming to?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zcostilla