GMT 400 Suburban dually - info ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
cool SS - yours ?

always wanted ( needed ?? ) one ! ...

never realised there were different spec tailights - maybe AS/NZ ISO spec as made by GM for the RHD delivered suburbans over here a few years back ??

Can probably get some if anyone wants a trade ( I need a SQBDY woodgrain steering wheel ... )

Yeah, the SS is owned by me. I was just a youngster when they were new and always wanted one, but figured I'd never get my hands on one. But I did, lol.

Since your new truck and that Burb have the same lights, I'd assume that they were produced by GM for export. Now I wonder if they somehow designed them to utilize the same bulb mount/circuit board, of if they require a specific one.

Fat 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
This for sale over here. Outside my price range tho - (more $5k than $50K lol )...

You must be registered for see images attach

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Those taillights are cool. I love buying and installing rare/ different stuff like that.

I've seen Squarebody taillights available in solid colors clear, red, and orange used by motorhome manufacturers.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah, the SS is owned by me. I was just a youngster when they were new and always wanted one, but figured I'd never get my hands on one. But I did, lol.

Since your new truck and that Burb have the same lights, I'd assume that they were produced by GM for export. Now I wonder if they somehow designed them to utilize the same bulb mount/circuit board, of if they require a specific one.
Interesting that y'all are talking about this....over on gmt400.com we've had a few threads on this very subject. There's a company in Brazil that has been making a different style of the OBS composite headlight lens/assembly, and these taillights. They use a circuit board like the US spec ones but they have different wiring.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This for sale over here. Outside my price range tho - (more $5k than $50K lol )...

You must be registered for see images attach
Always wanted one. On my bucket list to own. One of these days I'll buy one. Sometimes I buy something I had or wanted as a kid and get bored pretty quick and end up selling though. I think it's a case of in my memories it was a lot cooler. I had a lifted CJ7 as a teen in the 90's and thought it was so cool. I said I was going to buy one a few years back and took a really nice clean one out that was for sale. What a antiquated POS. Handled, brakes like crap, no AC, rattle doors, manual clutch.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Interesting that y'all are talking about this....over on gmt400.com we've had a few threads on this very subject. There's a company in Brazil that has been making a different style of the OBS composite headlight lens/assembly, and these taillights. They use a circuit board like the US spec ones but they have different wiring.
Any chance it's Argentina? Dany from Digitails is out of Argentina and will build anything you want. He's made me some one off taillights and park lights for my '63 Nova. Multiple colors, sequential, etc.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Those taillights are cool. I love buying and installing rare/ different stuff like that.

I've seen Squarebody taillights available in solid colors clear, red, and orange used by motorhome manufacturers.
Yes! I have too, seen some in the park over the last few years as well.
Most RV production, particularly the higher end models, is very limited compared to our trucks. So you often see repurposed things like this. My neighbor has an old motorhome that has a late 70s Dodge van grille, but mechanically it's a 454 powered C60. I've also seen a newer coach here that had a molded in 94-98 OBS Silverado grille, painted to match the coach. Had me doing a double take!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Any chance it's Argentina? Dany from Digitails is out of Argentina and will build anything you want. He's made me some one off taillights and park lights for my '63 Nova. Multiple colors, sequential, etc.
No this guy is in the States, but he has a contact in Brazil. They've sold several sets, and they ship from Brazil (not sure of the state though).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy