fuel venting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So the line with the white tape goes to the air cleaner, I understand and found where that connects. what I do not know is why is there a T in that line and were did or should it go? If not needed can I delete the T ?
You must be registered for see images attach

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Question #2
The very small pvc line with green tape, hard to see, does that go to the port on the carb with the green tape? Lots of tubes with screws plugging them that I didnt do so I am just trying to confirm and re plumb these lines

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:mexsmoke::flamingdevil:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828-154115.png
    Screenshot_20240828-154115.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Charcoal.JPG
    Charcoal.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 15

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Smart!

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I think I have all of the lines for vapor capture done , except 1....the line with green tape at the canister and another green tape near the other end. where does this connect.

Didnt know if a carb pic would be helpful , there is a hose plugged with a screw that I need to figure out...unless that is where the last vapor line connects??

Oldbear42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 LWB Scottsdale
Engine Size
In what form? Burnt wood or some other form of incinerated substance?
I have used charcoal from fish tank filters before (new not used). It comes in a fabric bag and seemed to work to remove soldering fumes sucked through a small fan.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I think I have all of the lines for vapor capture done , except 1....the line with green tape at the canister and another green tape near the other end. where does this connect.

Didnt know if a carb pic would be helpful , there is a hose plugged with a screw that I need to figure out...unless that is where the last vapor line connects??
That plugged hose is not tothe cannister. I forget where it goes I'll look tomorrow. I think it's labeled port b check your emissions sticker. Pull back on your pic so I can see both ends of the mystery hose. I think it goes to a nipple on the air cleaner.

Daron58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
Ken,

we had same issue. PO did the charcoal canister delete 2 port sending unit as well. Found that same steel line under radiator shroud and PO cut it drivers side bottom and that was it. We smelled gas all the time and could not find at the time a canister. I made a small charcoal filter out of a fuel filter and a fuel vent and mounted it on drivers side firewall. Fixed the gas smell and have never looked back.

Not sure if that is what your wanting but here are a few pics

Randy and E
I understand the whole process but just wanted to ask if you just added the charcoal inside the glass filter housing around the center threaded with the filter screen inside or is there something I might be missing because the center that the filter ends screw onto doesn’t leave a lot of room for the charcoal and advise would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy