Fleetside tool box...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Hello all, was wondering if any of you have seen these/know where I could get some. Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach
Here’s a close up pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
I saw this and read all the posts up to here and had an idea. Everyone has seen those drawers in the kitchen where you push on the door and a mechanism allows the drawer to slide out. Click in, click out. Maybe get around the hinge corrosion issue with some help from the building center? Perhaps build a sealed cabinet that operates on that principle, that would mount in place of one of the saddle tanks.

You've just been bopped by a mental spitball.

motoxrrar

Reaction score
First Name
robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I remember when a so-called "expert" that used to come here told me they never existed. :rotflmao:
They are in the catalog when buying a truck back then you could special order them. I haven’t seen much of them on square bodies. However the 67-72 trucks did have quite a bit of them made. I owe a 72 GMC Sierra 2500 with a factory toolbox, they were on the passenger side. I’ve probably run across maybe a dozen trucks in that era with them.

motoxrrar

Reaction score
First Name
robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I saw this and read all the posts up to here and had an idea. Everyone has seen those drawers in the kitchen where you push on the door and a mechanism allows the drawer to slide out. Click in, click out. Maybe get around the hinge corrosion issue with some help from the building center? Perhaps build a sealed cabinet that operates on that principle, that would mount in place of one of the saddle tanks.

You've just been bopped by a mental spitball.
That would be pretty darn neat for sure!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What rules have I broken?

Posting things for sale outside of the classifieds area. Which in turn, you must have 50 legit posts to have the ability to post things for sale in the classifieds.

I understand the circumstances here and why you may not have realized you had done anything wrong. Glad to have you here though :)

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Posting things for sale outside of the classifieds area. Which in turn, you must have 50 legit posts to have the ability to post things for sale in the classifieds.

I understand the circumstances here and why you may not have realized you had done anything wrong. Glad to have you here though :)
Oh, come on, you know that rule only applies to us that have been here and have over 50 posts. These noobs, it's a free-for-all, create account, start posting stuff fir sale in any thread they find first. It's the way of the noob, no rules apply to them. I am being sarcastic only because this is happening way too much, I lost count how many I have called out on it and have reported to moderators for doing it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh, come on, you know that rule only applies to us that have been here and have over 50 posts. These noobs, it's a free-for-all, create account, start posting stuff fir sale in any thread they find first. It's the way of the noob, no rules apply to them. I am being sarcastic only because this is happening way too much, I lost count how many I have called out on it and have reported to moderators for doing it.

Yeah, I get it. Usually folks want to offload their stuff and do nothing else, so they break the rules. Or they are just a scammer like that seat guy a week or two ago. But this member seems like they might be a legit member.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Yeah, I get it. Usually folks want to offload their stuff and do nothing else, so they break the rules. Or they are just a scammer like that seat guy a week or two ago. But this member seems like they might be a legit member.
Hope so. The member list has 1000s of new members with zero posts. I was shocked when I saw that a couple months back while searching for a certain member that I had forgot their spelling. Page after of mostly new members and zero posts.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hope so. The member list has 1000s of new members with zero posts. I was shocked when I saw that a couple months back while searching for a certain member that I had forgot their spelling. Page after of mostly new members and zero posts.

Yep, it's like a big ol waste of user names. But you just never know. Just a few days ago, a member that had zero posts for like 4 years made their first post. I find that fascinating.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Yep, it's like a big ol waste of user names. But you just never know. Just a few days ago, a member that had zero posts for like 4 years made their first post. I find that fascinating.
Now, that's a lurker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garybest