Engine stabilizer bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George915

Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just swapped out the engine on my 1984 K10 I’m currently trying to get everything back together. There are 2 stabilizer bars that connect from the engine mount plate and connect to the flywheel cover. My new oil pan is wider than the old pan and now the stabilizer bar on the driver side will not mount. I will attach a picture. I’m wondering how I should deal with the bar. My first thought is to fabricate a small piece of steel to attach the bar , but any one ever deal with this situation before. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 7

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I prefer to keep the bars myself but lots of them get scrapped, it’s not the end of the world. I had a motor with a big Canton pan years ago and had to leave the bars off, I never had any problems.

You could get some longer 1/4” flat stock that spans the 2 converter cover bolt bosses and attach the bar to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marine0331