Biggest jobs you have completed in the shortest amount of time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Great stories above.:cheers:

Back in 1998, I installed a Vintage Air system in a 69 C10. It was my first A/C installation, but took me only 2-3 days, which included cutting holes in the dash for the factory A/C supply events. The truck still has that system, and looking at it now I don't know how I did it so quickly. Back then, I could also change a cam on a Saturday. These days those projects would take me a week! For example, last year I spent the better parts of two months (off and on) installing a AAW wiring harness. But back around 2005, I did one in less than a week!

Last edited:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
About 25 years ago we were wheeling my '80 SB out at Uwharrie and the trans burned up. Yanked off the trail & into the campsite about 7PM. Pulled the tranny & had running again when the Ranger came by at 10PM to remind us of "quiet time".
Reminds me of helping a friend at college install new rings and bearings in his 57 Ford with a 312. We did it on the road next to our dorm on a Saturday. Ridge reamer and all! That was so long ago, I don't want to say when it was.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Might not be the fastest, but I was on a work trip with a bunch of coworkers, and one of the vans started leaking from the water pump. They called around, the best any shop could do was to take it in that Friday, when we were due to drive 8 hours back to Texas, and it was going to be $500 or something. After a couple of beers, I told them I had changed water pumps in 20 minutes before at home on my suburbans, and that the van shouldn't be that different (all LS stuff, BTW). They gave me grief about it, but I stuck to my guns that even being a van, 30 minutes tops. The next day, we got a new water pump, thermostat, coolant, etc., we got back to the hotel, all had a couple beers, then I went out and started the job. 28 minutes later, one of the guys came out to poke fun that I wasn't done yet, and found me finishing burping the system.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
I forgot the more recent one... On my trip when I toasted the transfer case shifter, I decided I'd try to find another one to replace it while in my hometown. I made a call at about 10:00 AM, had a new case and was at the parts store getting fluids etc. by 12:30, grabbed lunch on the way home and me and dad had the new case in and were cleaned up to get to my niece's graduation party at 4 or a little after.

And then managed to kill something else making it puke all the fluid in 3 days and 60 miles under its own power, TBD what exactly, and it will take months to get to the bottom of what's wrong and repair it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EddieLizLil1987