BFG KO3 vs Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
How many hi way miles on your KM3s? Found a set of takeoff 37s for my diesel pickup.
With tires at $500 or more a pop and the 10% WA privilege tax, I’m inclined to get them, even though I’d rather have an all terrain.
But I’ve heard KM3s are soft compound (compared way to a Toyo MT) and they certainly have a bit more void space than a typical MT.
Wondering about tire wear, primarily. As it’s not just a winter rig, but snow traction is my primary need.
BFG specs, can’t seem to find treadwear ratings for them.

Course I’d also plan on siping them. But not askin about that. Lol

I have no idea- I haven't tracked miles but I'd say at least half my miles are on dirt or snow. The truck has turned into my offroad/play rig only.
So sorry- can't comment on tire wear but I will say I have no chunking or tread damage on them. They have held up way better than my KM2s. Those had some chunking but never had a flat on them. And the KM2s were not good in the snow/ice/winter.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Almost looks like up my way--Bozeman Pass. But down to 9psi???? Snow ain't sand.

9 psi was with just my black steel wheels and that pic of my truck and the jeep- we are floating on around 6' of snow there. That was at a helicopter landing pad on top of a mountain on the east side of Flathead Lake.

A year or so after this I bought beadlocks so I can get down to 2-3 psi. Amazing how much better traction you get at that low pressure.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX

Forum statistics