aux trans cooler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

496bb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CL
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R20
Engine Size
So, about to do a radiator flush and replace all my hoses but I'm a bit puzzled about the aux trans cooler. Truck has the factory HD trailering package w/FF rear axle and 13" JB7 brakes (3/4, 454). Also has the factory engine oil cooler. Truck is very original overall with only 2 previous owners I believe, and the one before me was a buddy that had it for 10 years so I know what maintenance he did.

The hard line from trans on upper part of radiator has a fitting, but the rubber hose to cooler is on there with a worm hose clamp. I've attached photos. The cooler itself looks a little rough and discolored - is that normal? Is there a way to test it? Is this the OEM cooler, or a replacement? Anyone got pics of their factory cooler? I know there could also be dealer installed aux coolers, but since it should all be there coming from factory I just don't understand the way the rubber hose is connected - is there a fitting adapter that is missing? Maybe someone replaced cooler at some point with aftermarket?

Attachments

• IMG_4868.jpeg
    IMG_4868.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 6
  • cooler.jpg
    cooler.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member