A/C but no heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybird81

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
1981 C10 A/C works but heater does not. Climate control unit is new. Where do I start?

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I assume the blower is working when it's set to heat since you said the AC works? I would first check the coolant level. If coolant is full and temp on your temp gauge is good, possibly a plugged heater core.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
are heater hoses hot, temperature difference between the 2? Temp split around 20-25 degrees indicates a plugged core, no or low flow. Check after warm and heater has been operating. When coolant was added did you bleed air out?

Jaybird81

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
3/4 of a gallon low on coolant. See if that helps…

Jaybird81

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I’m checking the routing of the hoses. And I think they are on backwards the top hose coming out of the firewall from the heater core should go to the radiator and the bottom hose coming out of the firewall should go to the engine, correct? Mine are the opposite.

Steelbuddha

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 (dump bed)
Engine Size
So I’m checking the routing of the hoses. And I think they are on backwards the top hose coming out of the firewall from the heater core should go to the radiator and the bottom hose coming out of the firewall should go to the engine, correct? Mine are the opposite.
The heater core isn't directional, so which hose is on the top and which is on the bottom shouldn't make any difference as long as there's coolant flowing through it. (Which it sounds like there might not be.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doolin