85 k1500 suburban.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrock82002

Reaction score
First Name
clinton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban (barn Doors)
Engine Size
Hay yall just picked up a 85 k1500 suburban with a 6.2 in her chest. When I bought the old girl she didn't want to start so I threw in a new starter and that didn't work so I threw in an ignition switch and she started up. I'm back to a no crank no start issue. I'm sure I just thru money at her and bandaged the problem but I'm not sure where to go from here. put another ignition switch in it and that didn't work. So I'm now left with a no crank no start with a new starter and ignition switch not to mention to new new batteries.

I could find much searching thru the posts so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in a direction here.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
First check power at starter then power on solenoid terminal with key in start position. If both are good get another starter. If not there is a power supply issue. Need to go upstream and locate where the power stops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old85c10