'76 with stock 12 bolt question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cragmor

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My truck has what appears to be the stock 12 bolt, and most likely no modifications. Is this worth beefing up, or should I look to replace the entire thing? I read that for some reason the truck 12 bolts are weaker than the car 12 bolts. Any truth to this? Also, with the stock diff, what is my realistic power limitation? I hope to put in a new engine, transmission, beef up/replace diff and driveshaft in one motion, but lacking that, I just want to know how I need to baby what is there.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
My truck has what appears to be the stock 12 bolt, and most likely no modifications. Is this worth beefing up, or should I look to replace the entire thing? I read that for some reason the truck 12 bolts are weaker than the car 12 bolts. Any truth to this? Also, with the stock diff, what is my realistic power limitation? I hope to put in a new engine, transmission, beef up/replace diff and driveshaft in one motion, but lacking that, I just want to know how I need to baby what is there.
You'd need to tell us how much power the engine will be making (ballpark) and how you plan to use the vehicle. If power goes way up, Id go to a 14 bolt FF....

What transmission will you be going with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB