3/4 ton brake line versions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tophat36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
350-4 V8
Trying to find the best prebent brake line kit for my truck. Want to start with just the front lines because I want to swap out the hoses. I don’t want to deal with the potential nightmare if I can’t get the originals off. Been trying to find a HD 3/4 option but not a lot of luck. Trying to understand how many 3/4 versions of brake lines there are. What is physically different about a 3/4 ton vs a 3/4 ton HD, and does the chassis classify these trucks as HD or not? Are the front brake lines all the same for 3/4 tons or does HD affect tnat too?

My truck:
1980 C2500 Sierra Classic
Heavy Duty Chassis
Camper Special
Standard cab
Wideside
Longbed

Called classic tube and they would sell me just the front lines ss lines for about $180 + shipping. Seems like a lot but I don’t know. Just looking for advice and clarity. Don’t want to order something that doesn’t fit.

Rough75C20

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Following this. I have a 75 3/4 ton. I found some prebent rear lines on Amazon as I just broke mine off trying to remove the wheel cylinders. I just need to know if the c10 metal lines from the splitter in the rear are the same as a c20?

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
If the wheel cylinder part numbers are different from ½ to ¾ ton in the same year, it seems to me that the steel lines will be bent differently. Just look at the pictures, particularly the place where the lines attach.

Not to mention the difference between a 10/12 bolt differential compared to the 14b ff/sf axles. While some stuff is interchangeable without modification, many more parts aren't.

For example, in 1979 (the year I'm most interested in) there are two possibilities for a rear wheel cylinder in ¾ton. Oddly enough, same choices are available for the ½ton. Here's the visual

You must be registered for see images attach

I used Napa as a visual, easy to follow at home.

As you can see, same choices for ½ ton too. So, how the line approaches the cylinders are different between the choices that were OE.

All this to say that it's not as much a half vs ¾ ton thing, but more like what was included in the braking package from the factory thing. These things aren't that hard to make up, but it does require some finesse making them correctly.

tophat36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
350-4 V8
Following this. I have a 75 3/4 ton. I found some prebent rear lines on Amazon as I just broke mine off trying to remove the wheel cylinders. I just need to know if the c10 metal lines from the splitter in the rear are the same as a c20?
Do you have a heavy duty chassis by any chance or on the rear 14 b full/semi float? I can take some pictures of my lines, we could compare to see if they are the same.

saltdog

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size

tophat36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
350-4 V8
I went ahead and ordered their front kit, which I can’t get in ss unfortunately. It’s the front to rear and rear lines that I need to verify is the same for the 3/4 ton and 3/4 ton hd chassis. That’s really my issue or what i want to 100% verify before I order something I don’t want to deal w returning. Or worse, get everything removed and it be wrong and Im screwed, bc I can’t close the garage w the truck inside and I need access for my other cars to park.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawyer0162