1982 C30 looking for 4/6 drop. What did you actually get versus what was advertised?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDtag

Reaction score
First Name
Tod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Am working on putting together parts & pieces to do a 4/6 drop on my 1982 crew cab dually. Measuring where the truck sits right now I think that'd be about right.

If you've done the job, have the drop numbers for each component added up or are there other factors that change the result? For example does a 3" drop spindle and a 2" drop spring actually result in a 5" drop or is it actually less?

Found a 4/6 kit on eBay but I'm thinking the numbers don't seem to line up. All the C30 drop spindles I've seen are 3" and a 2" drop spring doesn't add up to 4". On the rear most flip kits I've seen are 8", some have a 2" lift shackle to get back to 6".

4/6 C30 lowering kit Link to eBay.

My truck has those huge travel tanks on it so I don't want to go any lower. They're even with the bottom of the frame but stick down below the rockers. Thought about taking them off but this thing would have pretty incredible range with those in place!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wojo21212