1977 K30 CREW CAB Frame Crossmember Identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMC2224

Reaction score
First Name
Skyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
Hello, I've been struggling to find the technical name for this cross member and can't find it for purchase anywhere. I'll post pics but it is the cross member that is right behind the transfer box, bolts in the seat belts, cab mounts, and is perpendicular to the A pillars. Reminder: this is a crew cab so it's in the center of the cab basically. It appears they bolt into something but it's so rusted that I don't know for sure. Please help me identify it and post a link for purchase if possible! It appears to be one solid piece (I hope so cause i have no welding experience) but I could be wrong (unlikely that I'm wrong). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Truck Frame 2.JPG
    Truck Frame 2.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Truck Frame 3.JPG
    Truck Frame 3.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Truck Frame 4.JPG
    Truck Frame 4.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Truck Frame.JPG
    Truck Frame.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 16

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do you mean perpendicular to the B pillars? The A pillars are in the dash/windshield area.

But anyway, that would just be called a cab floor support. I doubt it's reproduced and if it was, it would just be repair sections for the outer ends of it. The front cab supports are available though and they should be a decent starting point to fabricate your own repair panels.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
In addition to @bucket answer, it should be noted that these are not “frame” parts they are cab or floor parts. Body parts like that are more likely to be called supports, gussets, reinforcements, etc as opposed to crossmembers. Body terminology can be tricky when searching.

SMC2224

Reaction score
First Name
Skyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
Thanks to both of you, I have no experience with this (obviously) so I'll see if I have any luck using different terminology.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Useenamez