What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yesterday I switched out the ignition module since it was old, and wanted to try a more “aggressive “ one from Summit. Yeah, probably didn’t make a difference. Cleaned up the battery cable routing where it was just starting to rub a tad. Oh, and disassembled the Edelbrock fuel filter to check for junk, clean as a whistle.

Today, fired her up and cruised around Lake Whatcom to the trailhead to meet my buddy for some mountain biking.

You must be registered for see images attach

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Yesterday I switched out the ignition module since it was old, and wanted to try a more “aggressive “ one from Summit. Yeah, probably didn’t make a difference. Cleaned up the battery cable routing where it was just starting to rub a tad. Oh, and disassembled the Edelbrock fuel filter to check for junk, clean as a whistle.

Today, fired her up and cruised around Lake Whatcom to the trailhead to meet my buddy for some mountain biking.

Love your truck!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Nice!
Have you installed any sort of security or dummy switch etc? Me no comfortable with parking the Squares anywhere relatively unattended or remote due to the semi frequent thefts here in Methington.
I need to figure out a secret squirrel security system for the new truck. The Freedom Wagon is protected!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice!
Have you installed any sort of security or dummy switch etc? Me no comfortable with parking the Squares anywhere relatively unattended or remote due to the semi frequent thefts here in Methington.
I need to figure out a secret squirrel security system for the new truck. The Freedom Wagon is protected!
Good question. I’ve thought about that. At this particular trailhead, there’s always tons of people around so it would be extremely risky on their part. I thought about rigging in a toggle switch hidden under the dash that would disable the ignition. I guess a guy could just take the orange wire off the HEI- it’s unlikely that anyone this day and age would figure that out quickly.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Been chasing an intermittent wiring issue with my power windows, keeps popping the 30A fuse

Replace the fuse with a jumper wire. The smoke will lead you to the problem :rofl:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Don’t think I’ll be able to get anything to stick permanently to the headliner. When I have time I’ll see if I brush away all the crusty layer if I can get something real lightweight like that thin stretchy fabric to stick. Otherwise she’s going topless. A new $300 headliner is not an option I need in an almost 50 year old cruiser. Esp since the roof looks nice.

The old foam always needs to be scrubbed away, otherwise nothing will stick. The new material needs to adhere to the headliner board itself. Once you get the board all scrubbed off, hopefully it has a smooth and consistent surface. If it's also deteriorating (like fuzzy spots or delaminated areas) you can apply a coat or two of fiberglass resin to make it a good solid base again.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Beautiful day for strippin' outside
lay a heavy coat of citristrip on it. Then put saran wrap over it to keep it wet. Come back 24 hours later and see what you got. Can find it at walmart. Get one bottle and test if in doubt.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

I put rubber hose over rubbing spots as needed.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

This is why I'll run a used stock module,before I'd run a new aftermarket module. I thought only GM had variable dwell on their modules,but tried to do some research to show instead of just my words. I read about it forever ago about tests between GM and aftermarket modules,but can't find it now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-09_222652.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-09_222652.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Amazon delivered new twice pipes in 2 days. Got home late but got one mocked up real quick.

They’ll tuck up a smidge tighter. Close as I could get it with c clamps.
Once they’re mounted, hooking them up will be super simple
Looks pretty rad!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This is why I'll run a used stock module,before I'd run a new aftermarket module. I thought only GM had variable dwell on their modules,but tried to do some research to show instead of just my words. I read about it forever ago about tests between GM and aftermarket modules,but can't find it now.
That’s great information, thanks!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well I’ll be dipped. I knew I had purchased a Napa spare for the glove box- after I read your post I went and looked and there it is-TP45.

Elliot W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Truck's looking good Chad!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello