Lowering coils and ball joint replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txaggie

Reaction score
First Name
kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban C20
Engine Size
Howdy all,

2” lowering coils are going in my c20 suburban in a few days. These ball joints are original. Should I just replace both upper and lower control arms with moog or keep the factory joints?

One guy is telling me the old stuff on this truck is better than any new parts but a 39 year old joint is still 39 years old.

You must be registered for see images attach

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
The guy is right. Keep the arms and replace the ball joints and all other parts that need replacement. Buy quality spare parts.

txaggie

Reaction score
First Name
kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban C20
Engine Size
The guy is right. Keep the arms and replace the ball joints and all other parts that need replacement. Buy quality spare parts.
Thanks. Moog look to have good reviews on here and are cheap assemblies.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Moog parts are good, they have premium and economy parts. Get the premium ones called "Problem Solver" The part numbers for premium start with K or CK. The cheaper parts with RK, don't buy these ones.
I had good experience with AC Delco Gold and Mevotech Supreme too.

Oldbear42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 LWB Scottsdale
Engine Size
My vote is to replace the ball joints while you have it apart. Mine are all still solid, and original, but the rubber boots are starting or have been leaking grease for a while. I have it on my list to purchase the Moog Problem Solvers when I order the lowering kit. I like to be prepared when I tear something apart - I'm pulling the dash apart to install a new speedo cable, so I ordered new LED dash lights since I'm in there anyway. One teardown is easier than three...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub