Lack of acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmy78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
jimmy
Engine Size
5.7l
I have a stock 5.7l 350 with a turbo 400 transmission. I don’t know what my rear gear is but the truck is lacking hard acceleration. Engine revs up and it takes a long time to build any real speed.

Is this a transmission gear issue or could it be a rear gear issue?

Clearly I am very new to this world of mechanics but would like more acceleration.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a stock 5.7l 350 with a turbo 400 transmission. I don’t know what my rear gear is but the truck is lacking hard acceleration. Engine revs up and it takes a long time to build any real speed.

Is this a transmission gear issue or could it be a rear gear issue?

Clearly I am very new to this world of mechanics but would like more acceleration.
Probably best thing you can do right now is figure out your 0-60 time and post it. My car doesn't accelerate hard doesn't give us anything to work with,first we need to see if it accelerates normal,for what I am assuming is a stone stock 78 jimmy. We don't even know if its 2wd or 4wd. More info please.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88chevy