Where to buy LS motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
uncle nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
v8
Hey guys, I finally blew up my 350 motor and threw a rod so it’s time for the old LS swap lol.

Looking to do a 6.0 or 6.2 but having trouble tracking down a remanufacture at a good price- does anyone have any suggestions?

I found a 1999 6.0 out of a Tahoe at the junkyard and apparently it had a turbo on it stock (which I didn’t know was an option they had)
But I’d like to explore other options through companies with a warranty on whatever I get. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?
Hey guys, quick update on this I did find a 69 to 70s 350 but my previous question has been bothering me about the suburban. I found that appeared to have a turbo or Red intake manifold on it and I think I found the answer.
As rare as it may be, I think I found a Lincoln Felter suburban at my local junkyard.
I’m going back to confirm, but the motor looks exactly the same from what I find with a google image search.

Does anyone know anything about this motor or what I should look for to verify it?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Hey guys, quick update on this I did find a 69 to 70s 350 but my previous question has been bothering me about the suburban. I found that appeared to have a turbo or Red intake manifold on it and I think I found the answer.
As rare as it may be, I think I found a Lincoln Felter suburban at my local junkyard.
I’m going back to confirm, but the motor looks exactly the same from what I find with a google image search.

Does anyone know anything about this motor or what I should look for to verify it?
I think you mean Lingenfelter... if so, there were only a few prototype suburbans made and they did not have an LS in them. They had a 605cu.in. Gen VI BBC in them straight from the Chevrolet performance marine catalog. They did have a red painted valve cover and unique looking marine MPFI intake manifold on them. https://bangshift.com/general-news/...evrolet-suburban-packs-9-9l-of-eff-you-power/

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
That'd be a helluva thing if you found one of those

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
It sounds like the LS swap is out now. Back with a good old SBC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy