What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I definitely recall the problems you had with the lower outlet being the wrong size now...
Yeah. The Continental hose I ordered that was listed as 1.75” both ends was still 1.5”. I sent it back. It was a bunch of rigamarole to get a hose to fit, warming it up in an oven, stretching it over the outlet of an old water pump, then still fighting to get it on the rad outlet. 100% do not recommend.:banghead:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@JamesSam its pretty awesome. Mind you, we don’t get too hot up in my neck of the woods, but it stays nice and cool on 80 degree days, and it’s truly a work of art. They even stamp the tanks so if you paint it black, it’s hard to tell that it’s not a stock radiator.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I wouldn't add a stop-leak. There's really no magic fix for a radiator with plastic tanks. Imho, just buy one from a local parts store with a lifetime warranty... then remember where you bought it ten years from now, lol.
Yup. Plastic tank on burb radiator cracked a few years ago; it was a pinhole leak for a year or so, then one weekend it got really bad. So off to the radiator shop. I could have easily replaced it, but my work schedule wouldn't let me have a day to do it. So I paid someone and had the truck back in three hours.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Should I bother with some kind of stop seal for the radiator or should I look for a new rad? I will be checking levels and under the truck when cool.
I had one like that on the 82. I smashed a glob of that puddy on it you can get and it's held up well. Still on there. It was easy.

You must be registered for see images attach

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Ok. I had to work today and my truck has not been driven at all. Just got home and the rad is pretty full. Maybe it's just a small leak. Should I try to locate and patch it ,
or just go for a new one?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Ok. I had to work today and my truck has not been driven at all. Just got home and the rad is pretty full. Maybe it's just a small leak. Should I try to locate and patch it ,
or just go for a new one?
Man that thing is clean.

Girth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Garth
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Probably the last nice weekend of the year, so got the important part done just in time. Paint went on last night. Now I get to learn how to cut and buff. (Tamco single stage) She looks decent from 20ft away. lol A painter I am not though. Good lord is there a lot of surface area on a Burb. :confused:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Found and fixed transmission leak. Seems as a hose clamp broke and fell off. So I put two back on and it's holding so far. How easy. I should have done it sooner. Had to put 2 qts back in so far. Need to take it around the block to warm it up and check again.

Girth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Garth
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Found and fixed transmission leak. Seems as a hose clamp broke and fell off. So I put two back on and it's holding so far. How easy. I should have done it sooner. Had to put 2 qts back in so far. Need to take it around the block to warm it up and check again.

Is it just me, or does that hose look split? Between the last two clamps? Kinda looks like the 3rd might have cut it too? Right above the header collector..... well, you'll smell it for sure if she leaks. lol

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Is it just me, or does that hose look split? Between the last two clamps? Kinda looks like the 3rd might have cut it too? Right above the header collector..... well, you'll smell it for sure if she leaks. lol
I kinda thought that too. But it's like little flap of rubber that didn't go all the way through like a split in the hose. I took it around the block and then checked the level. All good and doesn't seem to be leaking. Yet anyway lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Looks like a clamp had been there, and over tightened too. A worm gear clamp that is over tightened will often make those little rubber "flaps" as the surface of the hose gets sheared and forced through the slots in the clamp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalajsn